Designing learning experiences that matter to students is key to engagement and academic success. This podcast explores all aspects of teaching, learning, and leading as a Learning Architect. We must unite in building a future for all students using innovative, out-of-the-box ideas powered by passion and a drive to serve the whole child!
Behind the Mask
In this episode Lissa will focus on the educators behind the mask - the teachers, leaders, and staff that have not only come to work, but those that have returned with an overwhelming commitment to making the reopening of America’s schools a story to be retold.
* White House Formally Declaring Teachers Essential Workers. Westwood, Sarah. CNN. August 21, 2020. Click HERE
* Dear Teacher. Ripp, Pernille. August 28, 2020. Click HERE
* Man in the Arena Speech (full text). Roosevelt, Theodore. The Theodore Roosevelt Center at Dickinson State University. Click HERE
* When doing your best just isn’t good enough . . . Watson, Angela. The Cornerstone for Teachers. September 6, 2020. Click HERE
* Empathetic Remote and Hybrid Learning. Sheninger, Eric. A Principal’s Reflections Blog. September 13, 2020 Click HERE
The First 20 Days of 2020
In this episode Lissa will explore what the first 20 days of school should look like in order to accelerate learning forward.
* Learn to Unlearn to Relearn. Willie Nganga Macharia, Medium, September 29, 2019, Click HERE
* First Days of School: How to be an Effective Teacher. (1997) Wong, H. and Wong, R. Click HERE
* Several Big US School Districts Are Extending Remote Classes Into the Fall. CNN Updated 7.15.20, Click HERE
A 2020 Restart
In this episode Lissa provides an introduction to this new podcast and discusses considerations for reopening schools this Fall.
* Reopening Schools: What It Might Look Like by Jennifer Gonzalez
* Cherokee County Schools Reopening Guidelines
* Students Provide Feedback on Four Areas During this Pandemic by Peter DeWitt